Corporate HistoryRepublic Gold Limited ('RAU') was incorporated on 22 September 2003 in Queensland and listed on the Australia Securities Exchange (ASX) on 16 January 2004. Following the ASX listing which raised $5.4 million, exploration commenced on the company's projects in Far North Queensland 'FNQ'. The Republic management team has extensive successful mining experience in the gold fields of Central Victoria, Australia. The company was attracted to the Hodgkinson Basin in FNQ and the Altiplano region of Bolivia as these regions exhibit similar geological characteristics.
During 2005 Republic was engaged by a Canadian entity that held an option over Amayapampa to explore and develop the project to Definitive Feasibility Stage (‘DFS’). In April 2008 Republic purchased the project outright from Vista Gold Corp (USA).
During the past 21 months Republic has evolved from an explorer to an emerging gold producer. Key highlights for the past 18 months:
- October 2011, Opening of office 66 Hunter St, Sydney NSW 2000
- December 2010 Change of Corporate Address to Suite 705, level 7, 3 Spring Street, Sydney NSW 2000
- December 2010 Mr John Kelly will tender his resignation of Managing Director of Republic Gold Limited and as a Director of the Company’s Board for reasons of ill health. The Company will advise shareholders of the replacement to Mr Kelly shortly. In the interim the Company’s Chairman Mr Peter Wicks will become Executive Chairman. Mr Victor Barua General Manager for the Amayapampa Gold Project (“Amayapampa” or “Project”) continues to have overall responsibility for the Company's major project in Bolivia.
- November 2010 Amayapampa gold project progresses with appointment of General Manager of Operations (Mr Victor Barua) for project construction.
- August 2010 Amayapampa Bankable Feasibility Study successfully completed
- July 2010 Republic secures Social Licence for Amayapampa
- July 2010 Republic focuses on flagship Amayapampa and will consider options to farm-out or divest the Company’s Australian properties (this includes the Tregoora/Northcote Gold Project resource areas and Burraga)
- July 2010 Republic has purchased the interest held by its joint venture partner Astor Consultants Pty in the Company’s Burraga project, located in New South Wales. Republic is now in control of 100% of Burraga Tenements.
- June 2010 22 shallow Auger holes (84 metres of drilling) have been drilled in the tailings sand dump from the Lloyd’s Copper Mine, Burraga. Results show high grade Copper-Gold.
- May 2010 13 Trenches (density to 25 metres) have been completed. Trenches ranged from 95 to 160 metres in length.
- May 2010 Amayapampa Gold Project commences project works under Environmental Licence; granted in 2007
- May 2010 Luzon Minerals Settlement: Settlement of litigation against BIRC, formally Luzon Minerals. Republic now holds strategic stake in BIRC.
- February 2010 Investment bankers CPM Group (“CPM”) of New York to advise, structure and arrange dept finance for Amayapampa. Corporate advisors Carling Capital Partners (“CCP”) of Sydney to advise, structure and arrange equity finance for Amayapampa, working with Australian and North American broking firms. Engineers Fraser Osborn of Townsville and technology providers Gekko Systems of Ballarat to complete the Bankable Feasibility Study (“BFS”) treatment plant sub-study.
- February 2010 Resource at Amayapampa increased by 19% or 210,000 Oz to 1,294,000 Oz. Measured and indicated component increased by 48%
- December 2009 Australian social and economic consultants visit Bolivia and the Amayapampa Gold Project to finalise the Social Report for the Bankable Feasibility Study.
- December 2009 Gravity metallurgical testwork programme completed by Gekko Systems of Ballarat, with improved metallurgical recoveries in the primary mineralisation. Optimisation testwork commenced with Gekko Systems of Ballarat.
- December 2009 2,252 metres of RC drilling completed at Tregoora
- November 2009 Completed a placement of 150 million shares at a price of 2.6 cents through Patersons Securities Limited raising $3.90 million.
- November 2009 Completed the acquisition of four strategic mining leases at Tregoora.
- October 2009 Total gold resources upgrade in the Hodgkinson Basin to 536,000 ounces.
- August 2009 1,958 metres of RC drilling, 332 metres of diamond drilling (Metallurgical) and 187 metres of costean sampling completed at Tregoora.