Health & SafetyRepublic is committed to providing work environments which allow employees to undertake their jobs without fear of injury, giving employee's confidence in the fact that they will leave their workplace without suffering any adverse physical affects from undertaking their jobs.
We aim to meet or exceed all Occupational, Health and Safety legislation applicable to our areas of operation. Where adequate laws do not exist, we will adopt and apply standards that reflect the Company's commitment to Safety.
Republic commits itself to:
- Providing plant and equipment and systems of work that are safe and without risk to the health of employees
- Provide information, instruction and training in order to ensure the safety at work of all employees
- Provide protective equipment as is necessary to ensure the health and safety of employees at work
- Monitor the effectiveness of safety procedures to ensure that safety is enhanced where possible
- Encourage openness and transparency in the reporting of safety incidents
- Ensure that employees, contractors and visitors are informed of and understand their obligations in respect of this policy
- We will be successful when we achieve zero harm to all employees.